Castello di Gargonza
Nestled in the heart of the Tuscany region, in Val di Chiana, near Arezzo and
Monte San Savino, the Castle of Gargonza is today a bed and breakfast and residence
vacation homes. It also offers a swimming pool, a restaurant and meeting rooms
which have skillfully maintained the authentic character of the original antique
Upon entering the small village, you'll find yourself in the piazzetta with its tower and water well, followed by the city wall, the small lanes, homes and gardens. Even today, the village homes maintain the names of the original inhabitants: Fattore, Niccolina the seamstress, Celso the gamekeeper… Surrounded entirely by woods, grape-vines, olive trees, and rolling hills. This is Gargonza, a village that was brought back to life thanks to the love of Roberto Guicciardini Corsi Salviati.
The rooms of the Castle of Gargonza are located over various buildings within the village. There are 13 buildings which maintain their authentic structure and original atmosphere thanks to a careful restoration process. The comforts are modern while the atmosphere retains the feel of a long ago. There are three types of accommodations; comfort, classic, and superior, housing from one to four guests in utmost comfort.
The Castle of Gargonza apartments display the genuine nature of Gargonza's residents. Each house is named after its original inhabitants. Therefore, today we have the Fattore house, the house of the seamstress Niccolina, the house of the gamekeeper Celso, the Palle house, etc. The restoration process maintained the original atmosphere and structure, while enriching the vacation apartments with all the modern comforts. Classic or superior, each apartment is unique from the others. The smaller apartments accommodate 1 or 2 guests, while the large house located on the outskirts of Gargonza can accommodate up to 10 guests.
The La Torre di Gargonza Restaurant is the crown jewel of Castello di Gargonza, open for guests of our bed and breakfast, Castello's vacation apartments as well as external clients. The restaurant is located just outside the Gargonza city walls, near the swimming pool, where one can enjoy the views of Gargonza's woods and Val di Chiana. The setting is truly stunning: an internal dining hall that accommodates 50/65 persons within an antique tractor shed, while the outdoor terrace accommodates up to 185 guests and boasts breathtaking views.
The cuisine consists of authentic traditional Tuscan dishes made with simple, genuine ingredients chosen personally by chef Andrea Russo among those available fresh each season. The pasta is home made, the Chianina meat is cooked over embers, the wines (over 60 labels) are from the region, including Chianti Classico, Colli Senesi, Montalcino, Montepulciano and are stored within the wine cellar.
Receptions & Conventions
Gargonza is characterized by its romantic tranquility, ideal for those who wish to celebrate their wedding or organize a reception within a striking scenic setting. The ceremony takes place in the Romanic Parish of St. Tiburzio and St. Susanna or in the municipal palace of Monte San Savino. The setting of Castle of Gargonza can accommodate the newlyweds and their guests within the garden of the lemon tree green-house or by the swimming pool for an aperitif meanwhile the Restaurant La Torre di Gargonza can accommodate wedding receptions of 50/65 guests within an internal hall, and the patio lounge with its breathtaking panoramic views welcomes up to 185 guests.
The Castle of Gargonza is also the ideal setting, with its nature, history, and modern features, allow guests to organize successful conferences, incentives, meetings, business functions, informative courses, team building, treasure hunts, etc. There are several halls within the Castle of Gargonza dedicated specially for meetings and conferences: functional, equipped with state of the art technology within Gargonza's picturesque backdrop, guarantee the success of any event.
Visualizza Abitare la Storia - Alberghi e Dimore in una mappa di dimensioni maggiori
- Florence Airport (111 km). Highway A1 towards Rome. Exit 27 for Monte San Savino. Follow the road signs for Monte San Savino, and continue for Gargonza along the trunk road 73 (SS 73) towards Siena for 11 kilometers. You have now arrived to Castello di Gargonza.
- Pisa Air port (195 km). From Pisa take highway A11 towards Florence. Once you reach the Florence area, take highway A1 towards Rome and follow the directions above.
- Rome Airport (Ciampino - 218 km, Fiumicino - 237 km). Highway A1 towards Florence. Exit 27 for Monte San Savino. Follow the road signs for Monte San Savino, and continue for Gargonza along the trunk road 73 (SS 73) towards Siena for 11 kilometers. You have now arrived to Castello di Gargonza.
- You may take a taxi from the Arezzo train station (the route is 30 km long).
- Navigation Coordinates : Latitude, 43° 19′ 49′′ N - Longitude, 11° 43′ 51′′ E
- From highway del Sole (A1), Exit n. 27 Monte San Savino (11 km). Follow the road signs for Monte San Savino, and continue for Gargonza along the trunk road 73 (SS 73) towards Siena.
- From Arezzo (28km). Freeway towards Siena, exit on Monte San Savino. Continue towards Monte San Savino, and continue for Gargonza along the trunk road 73 (SS 73) towards Siena.
- From Siena (35 km). Highway towards Perugia, exit on Colonna del Grillo. Continue towards Palazzuolo/Monte San Savino (along the trunk road SS 73); after Palazzuolo, towards Monte San Savino turn left to Gargonza.
When vacationing in Castello di Gargonza one cannot miss the Etruscan Via, an itinerary through Arezzo, Castel Focognano, Castglion Fiorentino and Cortona that allows you to discover the mysterious people who are thought to have inhabited and named Gagonza; as well as the works of art of Piero della Francesca, a renaissance Tuscan master, located amidst Arezzo, Monterchi and Sansepolcro; Lucignano, another enchanting village of Val di Chiana located after Gargonza and Monte San Savino; the wine trails of Chianti, Terre di Arezzo, Montepulciano etc., to discover wine, olive oil, and the traditional flavors of this area of Tuscany.
Castello di Gargonza is near:
- Gargonza, 0 km
- Monte San Savino, 8,5 km
- Thermals baths of Rapolano, 18 km
- Outlets of Prada, Levane, 26 km
- Arezzo, 28 km
- Siena, 35 km
- Cortona, 48 km
Sede di Presidenza: Grand Hotel et de Milan, Via Manzoni, 29 - 20121 Milano
Tel. +39 0322 772156 - Fax 292678 - Mob. +39 346 3055743 - email@example.com
Member of Historic Hotels of Europe